OUR RESPONSE TO COVID 19
Initiatives for Married Adolescent Girls’ Empowerment (IMAGE) is an innovative and integrated initiative to address the issues of Early Married Girls (EMGs) in Karnataka state of India. Funded by Terre des Hommes-Netherlands (TdH-NL), the project is being implemented by the consortium in 5 selected districts of Bagalkot, Belgaum, Bidar, Chamrajnagara and Chikkaballapura.
Chikkaballapura district is one of the worst-hit districts in Karnataka by this COVID 19 pandemic. Because of this pandemic, Workers in the informal sector, particularly street vendors, construction workers, healthcare and gig economy workers are the most adversely impacted sections following the restrictions imposed to fight coronavirus.
In response to the COVID 19 crisis, ARPANAM Trust has taken various steps for the humanitarian response.
- The ARPANAM Trust team distributed dry rations like Cereals, pulses, oil, sugar etc for emergency relief to 400 vulnerable and marginalized families from 47 villages who are victims and survivors of Early Child Marriages.
- It has provided Hygiene Kits like Masks, Sanitizers and Hand wash soaps for protection and hygiene to 400 Vulnerable families.
- It has conducted various meetings through Concall to build the capacity of field team members for protection and prevention measures on COVID 19.
- It has distributed IEC Materials on COVID 19 to make aware the Early Married Girls (EMGs), Survivors, Families and communities.
- It has engaged the EMGs and Survivors by conducting the Rangoli and Posters competition on COVID 19.
Now it is planning to build the capacity of EMGs and staff by online training through Zoom meeting App.
It has rolled out these relief measures from 25th May to 30th May 2020 by the field team members with the support of local leaders, PRI Members, grass-root levels government workers like ASHAs and AWWs and local CSOs.
Thanks to Terre des Hommes-Netherlands for their valuable support and ARPANAM Trust Team for successful execution.
Our Reach at a Glance